The Northeast Humanitarian Innovation hub is looking for an experienced and dynamic Finance and
Operations Officer to contribute to its rapid growth and expansion. The Finance and Operations Officer
will oversee the day-to-day financial operations for NEHIH in the Northeast region of Nigeria. S/he will
work closely with the CEO and senior leadership to ensure sound financial planning and operational
Duties and Responsibilities Finance:
● Manage the overall accounting and bookkeeping for the organization including banking and
payroll functions, employment related withholdings, taxation, and employee benefits..
● Track revenue and expenditure for all programs.
● Manage annual financial audits.
● Develop the annual budget for the NEHIH Fund and all programs and events.
● Process international wire requests and track wires to the final recipients.
● Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and analysis of financial statements,
including balance sheet, cash flow, and income/expenditure statements, to the CEO and, as
needed, to the board.
● Administration of the organization’s insurance policy.
Duties and Responsibilities Operations:
● Responsible for legal, HR, and financial compliance in Nigeria, including in-country registration,
accreditation, and tax compliance.
● Plan and support the launch of new country-level operations, including registration of legal
entities, and assist with the hiring and training of new staff.
● Provide corporate secretarial support for board meetings, including preparation of meeting
notices and agendas, drafting meeting minutes, and board resolutions.
● Review and revise employee handbook, internal controls, and corporate policies covering
matters such as conflict of interest, codes of conduct, whistleblower, and other policies.
● Service current grants by producing receipts of funds and maintaining donor-related records.
● Maintain an up-to-date document repository for organization documents including grant
agreements, internal policies and procedures, and other operational records.
● Maintain corporate registrations, designations, and licenses with the applicable state and
national level agencies.
Educational Requirements and Experience
The job requirements for the Finance and Operations position requires a minimum of a BSc in the
following areas and relevant work experience 3-5 years. A keen interest in IT and emerging technologies
will be an advantage: i) Business Development (ii) Economics or Finance (iii) Marketing.
Candidates with MSc/MBA and/or professional accreditations with relevant bodies will be at an
● 3-5 years experience managing finances in a corporate or non-profit setting.
● Experience reporting on multiple grants, including restricted as well as unrestricted funding.
● Proficient in non-profit GAAP accounting, budgeting and accounting experience.
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or Accounting.
● Methodical and strategic thinking.
● Good communication skills and project management skills.
● Excellent organizational skills.
● Computer literacy.
● Knowledge of auditing policies.